What is JOOMLA?
Joomla is an award-winning content management system (CMS), which enables you to build Web sites and powerful online applications. Many aspects, including its ease-of-use and extensibility, have made Joomla the most popular Web site software available. Best of all, Joomla is an open source solution that is freely available to everyone.
More information about Joomla can be found at www.joomla.org
What is JOOMLA! UNIVERSITY NIGERIA?
It is a full day series of training sessions that enable participants to learn / learn more about various aspects of Joomla. We call it Joomla! University Nigeria. The Entire Training is broken down into 5 individual 1-day courses.
Joomla University consist of 5 Courses. Each course can be attended independent of the other. However it is recommended that participants interested in all courses attend the classes in the order listed below.
- Joomla! Beginner (1 Day)
- Joomla! Intermidiate (1 Day)
- Joomla! Template Designer (2 Days)
- Joomla! Extension Developer (2 Days)
- Web Standards Curriculum (1 Day)
Joomla v1.5 will be used for the whole training though references will be made where necessary to the older Joomla v1.0
Time and Duration of the training
Joomla University Nigeria Courses will hold on Saturdays. The time and duration for trainings unless otherwise stated is 8hours from 9am till 4pm.
Click here to see current training schedules.
Bincom shall provide confortable atmosphere for every training. All participants are expected to come along with
- Prior knowledge of HTML though not compulsory will be beneficial.
- A Laptop preinstalled with Adobe Web Development Suite (Dreamweaver, Fireworks, e.t.c) or Notepad++
- Payment Confirmation Slip (Where Applicable)
Is one day enough to learn Joomla?
No! Joomla is esentially a very large application. Our Intention is to give you all the information possible and then you can spread your wings and fly.
At the end of training session
Who should attend Joomla! University
Joomla is a very popular opensource software used by virtually all sectors of the economy Internationally and also in Nigeria
- Web Designers + Developers looking to raise their game
- Web Application providers.
- Network, Intranet, IT Administrators
- Bloggers, Content Manager
- Online Marketting Professionals and Advertisers
- Students, Youth Corpers, Interns
- Managers / Employees responsible for managing/creating organisational content management systems
Price and Cost
The cost of Joomla University is fixed per course module. Cost of individual training courses can be found the courses' detail page. It is possible to register for course modules independent of the other.
- Joomla Beginner - 50,000naira (see introductory offer of 10,000naira only)
- Joomla Intermidiate - 50,000naira (introductory offer applies)
- Joomla Template Designer - 120,000 naira (available from July 2009)
- Joomla Extension Developer - 120,000naira (available from July 2009)
- Web Standards Curriculum - 50,000 naira (introductory offer applies)
- Each course includes scheduled time to answer specific questions relating to a student's current issues
- At the end of the class, you will given packages full of Joomla! Resources
All interested participants are expected to
- Complete our Training Registration form online indicating the specific training class being applied for.
- Make a bank deposit (see Payment Information) of the exact Training amount has to also be made.
A confirmation of registration and training date and time will be communicated via E-mail.
Scholarship and Discounts
As part of its corporate social responsibility, Bincom provides two (2) full course scholarships for every training course. In addition, a massive 50% discount per training course is also offered to Students and Serving Corpers with a valid relevant identity card. Click here for Training Scholarship information.
About the Trainers
Joomla University Nigeria is facilitated by Bincom ICT Solution. Bincom has within its team a combined web experience of over 15 years.
Bincom has excelled in the use of Joomla to deploy numerous web applications and sites of global standards as can be experience on its website www.bincom.net. Bincom also has a couple of Joomla Extensions published in the widely popular Joomla Extensions Directory.
Bincom also facilitates Joomla! User Group Nigeria(JUGnigeria), a community based group that provides support for Joomla Enthusiasts from Beginners to Experts. Bincom has hosted several "Joomla! Day Nigeria" events since 2008 that provided information free of charge Joomla related information to interested participants. Joomla University Nigeria actually evolved from ongoing discussions within JUG Nigeria about the need for a more structured training session.
Bincom prides itself as an Open Source based company.
|< Prev||Next >|