Lagos, Nigeria, Africa
Entry Level/ Graduate Trainee (Less than 2 years of Experience)
Graduate Trainee (for PHP Web App Developer) September 2012
* This job opening has been viewed 5952 times « Return to list
About this Job
Bincom is a fast growing ICT solutions and consulting firm focused on the best use of technology (old , new , emerging, future) to solve client issues. We are focused on a global market but are headquartered in Lagos, Nigeria.
Location of Job: Onikan, Lagos, Nigeria
Employment Type: Full Time – Permanent
- To assist the team in the design, development, programming, deployment, project documentations, and other tasks during various client projects.
- To work in teams to develop web applications including but not limited to HTML, PHP/MYSQL , Ruby
- To provide first level support for basic client ICT issues including desktop maintenance, troubleshooting on various IT service infrastructure management and basic software troubleshooting.
- To research, learn and use technology including Open source solutions and Online communities (including Joomla, drupal, wordpress)
- ,To work with the development team on various mobile application products .And much more.
- Basic Web Programming knowledge is required (PHP / MySQL preferably)
- A passion for ITAbility to learn new skills fastMust be very “Tech-Savvy” and know a little bit about anything IT
- Must have basic knowledge of Adobe Suite including Dreamweaver, Firework or other web development tools.Previous Web Development Experience using HTML ( & PHP ) is a big advantage.
- Previous knowledge of Microsoft Visual Studio would be an added advantage.
- Basic knowledge of Design tools (Corel Draw, Photoshop, Fireworks) or Adobe Flash would be an added advantage.
- Previous “amateur” development or related IT project to showcase at the interview is an added advantage.
- Minimum of an OND, HND, Bsc or their equivalent from any reputable higher Institution
- .Minimum of 1 year (maximum of 4 years) of experience in a “computo-centric”. (‘Informal’ experience or Related NYSC experience will suffice)
- Applicants should not be more than 30 years of age as at December 2012.
Other personal competencies:
- Applicants must have a passion for ITGood verbal and written communication skillsA “can do” attitudeInnovative & creativeSelf-motivated.
- Team Player Integrity and honestyPassionate about serviceStrong analytical skills
- `To apply for the above role,Visit http://www.bincom.net/aboutus/careers--bincom to read more about careers at Bincom ICT Solutions and click on the apply now for the specific job role
- Your cover letter (cover note) will be used to pre-qualify candidates before assessment of CVs .
- Your cover letter (cover note) should briefly highlight :
- Your specific skill set.your career goal ? (short term goals will suffice)
- How this position / joining Bincom relate to your goal ?
- (*)if you have a passion for ICT
- Expatiate If you have previous web development experience, provide links to some of your previous works. (if not online, you may upload screen shots to a photo sharing service)
- A valid mobile phone number (we may call to request further information)
- Also attach a copy of your Curriculum Vitae highlighting Skills and Past Experience.
Note: only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.